This week’s assignment is Volume 1 pages 51-100. You can download the report here.
The quiz questions are as follows. Send your answers to DidMuellerMakeTheCase@yahoo.com by midnight Monday. Prizes awarded for best answers on Tuesday.
1) During the campaign period, Donald J. Trump Jr. had direct communications with WikiLeaks. What was the purpose?
2) Who was the primary contact associated with the Trump campaign charged with handling the Trump Tower Moscow project?
3) When did Michael Cohen plead guilty to making false statements to Congress pursuant to a plea agreement?
4) In late 2016, soon after the WikiLeak’s first release of stolen documents, a foreign government official contacted the FBI concerning a May encounter with which Trump campaign advisor? Why?
5) Who joined the Trump campaign in January 2016 as a foreign policy advisory and advocated for a pro-Russian position?
6) In all of the many contacts made by members associated with the Trump campaign and Russian operatives, which do you find most incriminating? Why?
CONTACT: Jordan Brueckner
For Tuesday, August 27, 11:30am
NC Advocates To Hold Protest and Rally Demanding Common Sense Firearm Safety Measures
On Tuesday, August 27th, advocates from Tuesdays with Tillis, MomsRising, Moms Demand Action, Raleigh-Apex NAACP, NC Council of Churches, and others will hold a protest and rally outside of Senator Thom Tillis’s Raleigh office to demand common sense firearm safety measures and urge the Senator to act to address gun violence. This includes strengthening background checks and protections from domestic terrorism, as well as improving public health and incident response.
The protest and rally comes as an immediate response to the tragic fatal shooting of 9-year old Z’yon Person last week and the continued epidemic of mass shootings in our nation, as well an overall response to the state’s troubling statistics on firearm fatalities:
- On average, 1,113 North Carolinians per year are killed by firearms, and a person is killed by a gun every seven hours in the state.
- Firearms are the third-leading cause of death for North Carolina children, and in just two years, at least 672 children and teenagers in North Carolina visited a hospital for a firearm-related injury.
- The annual cost of gun violence in North Carolina is $7.4 billion and $754 per resident.
Additional details for the event are below:
WHAT: Protest and rally for common sense firearm safety measures in North Carolina
WHEN: Saturday, August 27th, 11:30am-12:30pm
WHERE: Senator Thom Tillis’s Office
Federal Building: 310 New Bern Ave, Raleigh, NC 27601
WHO: Speakers include:
Karen Ziegler, Tuesdays with Tillis
Gerald D. Givens Jr., President, Raleigh-Apex NAACP
Susan Browder, Parent with Moms Demand Action and the Everytown Survivors Network
Sean Allen, NC Council of Churches
Jessica Burroughs, NC Campaign Director, MomsRising
Beth Messersmith, NC Senior Campaign Director, MomsRising
Please let me know if you would be interested in attending or connecting with one of the speakers to discuss the need for common sense firearm safety measures in North Carolina and nationwide.
Senator Tillis Must Speak Up
Last week the president gutted the Endangered Species Act and created a whole new way to punish immigrants. Then, he re-tweeted a conspiracy theory.
Meanwhile, Sen. Thom Tillis is acting the role of a “useful idiot,” pretending that what is happening is not happening.
It seems the only thing Tillis he cares about is getting re-elected. Anyone who truly intended to “protect and serve the Constitution” would be calling out the president’s blatant disregard for the rule of law and Sen. Mitch McConnell’s misuse of the Senate.
Tillis needs to meet with his constituents, not just his wealthy donors. He needs to speak up for the creatures who are being killed and the public land which is being destroyed to make way for more oil and gas, the children being separated from their parents, and the earth itself, which is crying out for our advocacy.
Karen Ziegler, Durham
Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/letters-to-the-
August 18, 2019 News and Observer
Tuesdays with Tillis is excited to be studying the Mueller report with social justice activist Al McSurley. Each week, we read a section of the report and answer questions. We are asking Senator Tillis and the community to join us in our studies.
Once again, here is the link to download the Mueller report. Send answers to DidMuellerMakeTheCase@yahoo.com.
1. When did the FBI open the investigation into whether individuals associated with Trump’s campaign were coordinating with the Russian government in its interference in the campaign?
2.What was the the Internet Research Agency’s objective? Who funded the IRA?
3.When did the GRU begin to devise it’s plan to interfere with the US election? When did they begin to hack in to Democrats email accounts and whose computers?
4. The presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump showed interest in WikiLeaks’ s releases of documents and welcomed their potential to damage candidate Clinton. Beginning in June 2016, redacted began to forecast to senior Campaign officials that WikiLeaks would release information damaging to candidate Clinton. How long after Trump begged Russia “he hoped Russia would recover emails described as missing from a private server used by Clinton when she was Secretary of State did WikiLeaks dump the first set of emails? When and why did WikiLeaks release John Podesta’s emails?
5. In your minds why do you feel the Mueller investigators couldn’t find enough evidence of coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian government to prove conspiracy?